mercredi 5 septembre 2018

Kill Team games!


Hey guyz!

Here is my first experience of 40k Kill Team!
Today I play my friend Sergi with his Adeptus Mechanicus. I composed a Death Guard kill team to kick his bionic bum. My guys:


And his:


For these 2 games, I decided to use the board I originally made to display my Grot army. It proved to be really great for this format!
First we chose to play the basic scenario, with 2 objectives on the board.





Straight away, my zombies cross the junkyard and try to attack his Skitarius, while they shoot back at them, injuring a few of the servants of Nurgle.


His Skitarii sniper did a fantastic head shot on one of my plague marines bearing a plasma gun. First turn, first shot, one dead!


Sergi throws his lads in close combat. I decided to retreat, bringing his charge move closer to more Poxwalkers to charge him back next turn.


After being injured, the Skitarri on the top right picture stepped off the bridge and fell! XD


At the and, the Death Guard managed to secure the 2 objectives.

For the second game, we tried the Terror Tactics mission, where both kill teams earn victoty points by killing enemies and escaping throught the opposite table edge.



Sergi deploys a pretty effective shooting line, and the rest of his team did a blitz, trying to piece my lines.


I decide to adopt a defensive strategy, staying in cover while shooting with the plague marines. And if a Skitarri gets too close, throwing my Poxwalkers in close combat.




Both leaders in a super-cinematic duel! The Plague Champion benefited from his 10,000 years experience and won.


Sergi retreats with some of his models, trying to contain the plague tide.


Our gaming area: the side table was very useful, only models and counters on the board.


Finally, the Death Guard won again, but the Sons of Mars will seek for revenge soon!


I found it was a fantastic gameplay, very fast paced and aggressive.
The flesh wounds system makes your fighters more durable, and all the additional rules (compared to 40k) makes the game very narrative and fun.
It felt a little bit like the 40k Skirmish we played for our BDK Weekender, but more dynamic and with a lot more depth.
I really recommend this game!

Thanks again mate, it's been brilliant!




3 commentaires:

  1. Nice looking game. I'm looking forward to getting some Kill Team games in myself. I can't understand why the "official" size of the battlefield is so small though. We will be playing on a 4' x 4' space at least.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. It's a great game!

      I was also wondering about the board size, but now I played I realize it makes the action start straight away. You don't have that couple of turns to take position. You are thrown into combat instantly!
      A bigger board would work great for multiplayer games, though.

      --
      morbäck

      Supprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.